Medium/Heavy Duty Tow Truck Operators
Perform emergency road service, towing, accident recovery, and abandoned vehicle recovery using assigned truck and towing equipment correctly as trained. Present to customer a professional self- image and Company image through excellent service, safe operation, and timeliness. Maintain truck and equipment in compliance with Company guidelines. Perform necessary documentation timely and correctly according to procedures in effect.
• Arrive at work on time daily, ready for duty when shift starts • HS diploma (or equivalent), over age 23
• Excellent driving skills and valid driver’s license (copy required during interview)
• Ability to operate a tow truck (experience preferred); Be experienced driving medium and heavy duty wreckers
• General Understanding of vehicle mechanics, transmission types, front and rear wheel drive vehicles, etc.
• General sense of direction and general understanding of maps and the ability to navigate both day and night.
• Have a clean driving record and excellent work references
• Have a positive attitude, great work-ethic, and be team-oriented
• Follow management direction and leadership well
• Work well independently, have initiative, and be dependable and punctual
• Pass pre-employment drug test and extensice background investigate
•Committed to Safety
• Able to calmly handle stressful situations
• Be experienced using GPS and/or Map programs on your cell phone
• Able to write English well and communicate well and speak English fluently
• Work on call, Be conscientious about answering your phone when on call and communicate well with your team
• Have no physical limitations against working in summer heat or winter cold, rain or ice, working at night and the early hours of the morning. (If you have experience driving, then you are already familiar with this)
• Be physically able to perform various roadside assistance jobs such as changing truck tires (18 wheeler tires), putting new tires on rims, performing unlocks, fuel runs, etc.
• Prepare and maintain records in accordance with company policies and procedures- Provide assistance to resolve customer issues. Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
Current Class A (CDL) license with Doubles and Tripled endorsements and DOT Card required.
We offer competitive pay; Health/Dental/Vision Benefits after 60 days of continuous employment; Profit Sharing Plan; Vacation; Clean Uniforms.
Apply in person at 1400 A STREET, (HR DEPARTMENT- 3RD FLOOR), LAS VEGAS.NV or print the "DRIVER" application from the website, and submit via email to HR@ewingbros.com.